TASTE THE PASSION for FASHION with VP. .

“Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.”

Hebbel (1813 - 1863)..

07 June 2010

Guest post - Fashion as art..

Thanks to my dear fellow blogger Ire from Voguish for the great post.. Enjoy it..

Fashion, I've always felt, like art, is an expression of how you feel. It is a medium through which you can convey your thoughts and feelings to the outside world. Although this is sometimes true for street style and pret-a-porter collections, the art in fashion is truly expressed in couture collections.

Elie Saab is one of the greatest fashion designers in my opinion. He is one of the few designers whose couture line really expresses something.

 

His work really reminds me of the artist Edgar Degas, with the pastel colours. I think they both evoke the same emotions within the onlookers. You get a sense of peace and purity with the soft colours used.


Alexis Mabille, another great fashion designer, has a completely different approach to couture. His work is highly minimalist, with the use of only one or two block colours.


His work reminds me of the artist, Claude Tousignant, who incorporates the same technique.

 

Written by Ire from Voguish..

3 comments:

said...

I wrote my Uni dissertation at looking at art and fashion. There are some great designers out there who push the boundaries between art and fashion, most famously Hussein Chalayan. There are also designers such as Jonathan Saunders who originally trained as artists and have turned their hand to fashion design.

I think its such an interesting point of crossover between the creative disciplines, something that occurs not only visually!

xx

www.lovefromcharlie.blogspot.com

glamirrorous.com said...

Love this article!

xoxo Sandra
http://glamirrorous.com

Victoria said...

All the compliments go to my fabulous fellow blogger Ire from voguishblog.blogspot.com/!! :))

Charlie, I would love to see your Uni dissertation!! I think in the real fashion there are no boundaries between art and fashion..