TASTE THE PASSION for FASHION with VP. .

“Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.”

Hebbel (1813 - 1863)..

15 April 2010

[MOMENT] Alternative Fashion & Arts week - workshops

As I already wrote I had an amazing opportunity to attend [MOMENT] Alternative Fashion & Arts week. I had four days full of new friends, new knowledges and new discoveries..

"[MOMENT] week is based on organising a week of alternative fashion and arts, that reflects fashion as a lifestyle in all its forms." ~from [MOMENT] home page..

Every day all day long there were workshops, lectures and meetings with designers/artists.. And at the evening there were fashion shows..
The most exited I was about Fashion Design workshops with Ute Rathmann (to see her artworks click here).. All that Fashion Design thing was completely new to me.. I love fashion of course, but I just can't draw so, I never thought I could study Fashion Design..
First I thought that I will go and just look as the representative of Press what they are going to do there.. However, then I met Ute, and she changed essentially my percept about fashion designing and drawing.. I found out that drawing is nothing more than the training of your eyes.. Of course to become a great artist you need to have a gift, but also without the special gift you can learn to draw.. You just have to learn.. However, what was a real surprise for me that if you study fashion design you can copy the silhouette of the woman or man and just draw the clothes.. I always thought that if you study in Art Academy it's not really acceptable to copy.. For example, when Vivienne Westwood was a lecturer in Art Academy, she obliged her students to copy for two years.. So, when Ute told me a lot of interesting things and showed me some examples of not really gifted (at the beginning) students works, I was quite spellbound because the drawings were the same as the gifted students did..

[VP: Everything you can imagine is possible! Just start to create it in your imagination and you'll get it!]

Than I decided to stay and work with the students who almost all were from Art Academy of Latvia..

"The aim of this class is for the students to learn how to design a collection made out of twelve pieces and how to illustrate it in an aesthetic but also legible way. The students will be given three topics to choose from so that they can decide for themselves wether they prefer to work on a free and artistical theme or with a more practical approach. They can also decide in which drawing technique they would like to work, for example the collage-technique, copic-pens or watercolors." ~from [MOMENT] home page..

So, I started making my first mood-board or collage in my life.. And this is how that process looked like..


I recommend you all to make your mood board either it would be for your new collection if you are designing, either it would be for your next week collecting there everything you could be inspired from, because this making process is really cool.. Also your mood board characterizes you.. I was looking at my mood board and I saw there myself..

This is my first but definitely not last mood board..


Further this mood board should be my inspiration for the collection I would be designing..

This was the story about my first mood board and my findings, but there were also other students and their works.. To be continued..




5 comments:

Dulce said...

Hey I love your mood board, yes I DO!

Victoria said...

Thank you Dulce!!! :)

Clare said...

Looks and sounds amazing! Great moodboards.

tweet tweet tweet

x

Empress said...

Sounds like you soaked up a whole lot on your trip! Mood board looks amazing, can't wait to see more :)

Victoria said...

Thnx girls!
Wait & you'll see what others who can draw made.. :))